A nice tea time treat or great portable snack.
I have reduced the sugar quite drastically as they are naturally sweet from the blueberries.
Traditional Blueberry Muffins
- 200 g blueberries
- 150 g self raising flour
- 150 g wholemeal self raising flour
- 120 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, that is, the flour, caster sugar and baking powder.
- In a separate jug mix the wet ingredients together, the milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Incorporate the wet into the dry and mix. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or golden brown and firm to the touch.