A nice tea time treat or great portable snack.
I have reduced the sugar quite drastically as they are naturally sweet from the blueberries.
Traditional Blueberry Muffins
- 200 g blueberries
- 150 g self raising flour
- 150 g wholemeal self raising flour
- 120 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, that is, the flour, caster sugar and baking powder.
- In a separate jug mix the wet ingredients together, the milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Incorporate the wet into the dry and mix. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or golden brown and firm to the touch.
I use an ice cream scoop to portion out the mix. I use silicone muffin tins but if using normal muffin tins line with paper muffin cases. You can use frozen blueberries, just defrost first. Delicious eaten slightly warm or leave to cool completely. They freeze well and will keep in an airtight container for several days. Nutritional Info per muffin: 197 Kcal, 24g Carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fibre), 1g Fat (0g saturated), 3g Protein