I bought some coconut flour from Holland and Barrett ages ago and it remained unopened in the cupboard for quite some time. It turns out that you can’t just substitute coconut flour like for like with normal flour so its a bit trial and error. I came upon the original recipe for these blueberry muffins on livinghealthywithchocolate.com but I tweaked the recipe slightly to use ingredients I had to hand. They tasted very jammy and were especially lovely with a nice cup of tea. Those of you with eagle eyes may have notice there were only 11 muffins left by the time I took the photo, it’s hard work this baking!!
Gluten Free Coconut Blueberry Muffins
- 120 g coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- 250 ml unsweetened almond milk You could use coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g fresh blueberries You could use frozen, defrost first
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the honey, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix together.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into silicone muffin tins.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, usually about 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container once cold.