Physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q)
All information provided is private and confidential
Before attending a class for the first time we will assess your suitability to exercise. You will be asked to complete a form and answer these questions as honestly as you can:
1. Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and recommended only medically supervised activity?
2. Have you ever had a heart condition, stroke or pains in the chest?
3. Have you ever had asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, dizziness, circulation problems, arthritis, high blood pressure, or an ulcer?
4. Have you ever had an injury, illness, back or joint condition that you may feel could be aggravated by exercise?
5. Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs or medication?
6. Are you or have you been pregnant in the last 6 months?
7. Do you have a disability?
8. Do you know of any other reason not mentioned here why you should not do physical activity?
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions, then you should consult your doctor to clarify that it is safe for you to become physically active at this current time and in your current state of health. Please discuss with the instructor before proceeding. You must inform the instructor of any changes to your health status, whilst attending our classes.
If you have any questions please get in touch.