Don’t be put off by the sweet potato in these, they really are a delicious portable snack and a doddle to make.
Naturally gluten free as they’re made using chickpea flour.
Have fun experimenting with the recipe by adding chopped herbs like rosemary or thyme, or chilli flakes if you like it hot!
Protein packed seedy sweet potato muffins
- 250 g Chickpea flour
- 500 g sweet potato coarsely grated
- 150 g cottage cheese
- 6 medium eggs
- 4 spring onion sliced
- 10 g Pumpkin seeds
- 50 g parmesan finely grated
- 1 red chilli - finely chopped (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160 fan). Coarsely grate the sweet potato and place in a large bowl.
- Slice the spring onions and add to the bowl along with the eggs and cottage cheese. Stir in the flour, half the parmesan and the chilli if using.
- Divide equally between 12 muffin tins and sprinkle each with some pumpkin seeds and some of the remaining parmesan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.