Not meaning to toot my own horn but this recipe is a stroke of genius and the best banana bread I have ever made!
Very similar to my other banana bread recipe but with the decadent addition of COCOA for that umptious chocolate taste and I replaced the agave with honey this time.
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- 140 g wholemeal self raising flour
- 50 g Normal Self Raising Flour
- 50 g Cocoa sieved
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 eggs
- 300 g Mashed Ripe Banana
- 150 g Yoghurt I used Onken Biopot
- 60 g Clear Honey
- Preheat oven to 160 Celsius (140 fan). Line a loaf tin ready.
- Mix the flours, sifted cocoa, baking powder and bicarb together.
- In another bowl mash the bananas and add the eggs, yoghurt and honey.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the tin. Gently tap the tin on a work surface to knock out any gaps.
- Bake for about 60 minutes.