The traditional tea loaf gets a lovely almond and cherry makeover. It could be my favourite!
Cherry Bakewell Tea Loaf
- 125 g wholemeal self raising flour
- 125 g self raising flour
- 100 g sultanas
- 70 g glace cherry halves
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 Twinnings Cherry Bakewell Teabag
- Soak the sultanas for 8 hours in 300ml tea made using the cherry bakewell teabag.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 160C
- Measure the flours into a large bowl or mixer.
- Crack the egg into the fruit mix and add the cherry halves and almond extract - mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix by hand or in a mixer.
- Spoon into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- For a special occassion you could ice the cake and decorate with extra cherries.