These are super quick to make and bake. Filling and nutritious. Oats are oatbran are full of fibre and are good at lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels. You can substitute the mashed banana for apple sauce if you prefer.
Healthy Oat & Sultana Cookies
- 175 g rolled oats
- 125 g Oat bran
- 30 g Sultanas
- 40 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 mashed baanana
- 65 g olive spread could use butter/flora etc
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs
- 20 g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 .
- Weight out all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Melt the spread/butter in a saucepan or the microwave.
- Add the mashed banana, eggs and vanilla extract to the melted spread. Mix well.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and combine.
- Shape into 16 balls and flatten into cookie shapes on a baking tray. (use a silicone liner or greaseproof paper so they don't stick).
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Melt the chocolate over a saucepan of boiling water. Drizzle over the cookies then place in the oven to set.
- These keep for longer in the fridge and the chocolate stays unmelted!! ENJOY