This is one of my favourite pasta dishes. Mix up the flavours of cream cheese, from chives to jalapeno, anything goes!
Smoked Salmon Pasta
- 150 g dry wholewheat spaghetti
- 100 g frozen edamame beans
- 100 g sliced runner beans
- 40 g baby spinach
- 50 g smoked salmon
- 70 g cream cheese any flavour
- 120 ml semi skimmed milk
- 1/2 lemon, zest & juice
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta in boiling water (simmer) for 12 minutes. After 6 minutes, add the edamame beans and runner beans to this pan.
- With 5 minutes left on the pasta, gently melt the cream cheese in a deep frying pan over a low heat. Gradually stir in the milk to make a sauce.
- Drain the pasta and veggies when cooked.
- Take the sauce off the heat and add the lemon zest and juice along with the chopped up smoked salmon.
- Add the drained pasta to this pan and mix thoroughly.
- Split the spinach between to bowls. Spoon over the spaghetti and sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of grated parmesan over each dish and add lashings of black pepper.