Meat free burger option. Has a lovely caper and parsley dressing and I served mine with spicy sweet potato wedges and a fresh side salad.
- 110 g Halloumi
- 4 Large flat mushrooms
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp drained capers, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- If roasting sweet potato wedges they take about 30 minutes so halfway through roasting make the salad and prepare the dressing.
- Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, capers and parsley. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, set to one side.
- Then heat a griddle pan and add the four mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then transfer onto a baking sheet and put in the oven with the wedges.
- Slice the halloumi into two slices and place on the griddle for a couple of minutes on each side just to warm through.
- To serve place the halloumi on top of a mushroom, drizzle over the dressing and place the other mushroom on top to form a bun. Serve with the wedges and salad.
Nutrition Info, Burger only: 387 Kcal, 1g Carbohydrate (0g sugar), 34g Fat (20g Saturated), 17g Protein