Prawn Stir Fry
UNDER 400 Kcal! This a big satisfying bowl of spicy broth, crunch veg and soft prawns with rice noodles. A very hearty and filling meal and one of my favourites. This version is an adaptation of the SIRT foods prawn stir fry.
- 1 celery stalk
- 100 g green beans
- 100 g carrot
- 100 g mushrooms
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 50 g curly kale
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 medium birds eye chilli
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 150 g large prawns cooked or raw
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp swiss bouillon (or 1/2 stock cube)
- 2 nests rice noodles (optional)
- Boil a kettle and then chop up the celery, green beans, carrot and mushrooms into bite-size pieces.
- If adding noodles simmer a pan of water ready.
- Make up the swiss bouillon with 250ml boiling water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the soy sauce and gently fry the prawns for 2 minutes. If the prawns are raw they will turn pink when cooked through. Scoop into a piece of tin foil and seal to keep warm.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and all the vegetables to the wok and fry quickly for 2 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add the stock to the wok and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes to steam the veggies. At the same time add the noodles to the pan of boiling water and simmer for 5-7 minutes as per packet instructions.
- Add the prawns back in along with the chopped up spring onions.
- Drain the noodles if using.
- Serve the veg and prawns on the noodles and add the chilli sauce (optional).
You can vary the veg to suit whatever is in your fridge and you could easily replace the rice noodles for soba or egg noodles but they are more calorific. Nutrition per serving inc. rice noodles: 342 Kcal, 54g Carbohydrate (18g sugars), 5g Fat (1g saturated), 20g Protein, 7g Fibre