Fruity Protein Tea Loaf
This was an experiment and it worked! I love the extra protein hit from the chickpea flour and it makes a change from using conventional flour. It has a different texture to the traditional tea loaf but I like it. A great gluten free option.
- 250 g dried mixed fruit soaked for 8 hours in tea
- 200 g Chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp gground cinnamon
- 1 medium egg
- Make a pot of tea and pour over the dried fruit. Soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Mix the chickpea flour and cinnamon together.
- Add the mixed fruit and the beaten egg to the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof.
- Bake at 160/140 fan for 40-50 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean.