Boosting your metabolic rate can help you lose body fat.
Several natural foods and beverages have been shown to increase you metabolism and promote fat loss.
This list contains most of my favourite foods ❤. How many can you tick off?
- Eggs – are very versatile, boil, poach, smash, scramble, bake! Low on the glycemic index and very filling + high in protein.
- Berries – blue and red as the chemicals in charge of giving these fruits their colours are called “anthocyanins” and some research has shown that they can help burn abdominal fat.
- Water – flushes out toxins and prevents hunger pangs. Improves your digestive health and reduces fluid retentions which can make your tummy look flatter.
- Almonds – help stabilize blood sugars, which helps prevent cravings that can lead to overeating and weight gain.
- Apples – high in fibre and high in water to help keep you feeling full.
- Yoghurt – Greek or natural, yoghurt helps keep your digestive system healthy and prevents bloating. TOP TIP: I’ve heard it said that if you go to a foreign country, try and eat their local yoghurt to help minimize a possible iffy tummy as it’ll contain local bacteria!
- Salmon, Tuna or Mackerel – excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids. These help promote fat-burning by making your metabolism more efficient.
- Tomatoes – help reduce water retention in the body and help reverse leptin resistance. Leptin is a type of protein which helps to control the appetite and metabolic rate, so our bodies rely on it to shed those extra pounds.
- Oats – give you energy and fuel your metabolism, help to reduce hunger throughout the day. If you’re not a fan of porridge, try oatbran (made from the outer shell of the oat kernel and sold as a finely ground meal.) made with water or milk. It has a smoother consistency more like ready-brek.
- Brown rice – contains a rich supply of energizing B vitamins, which could help to burn calories faster.
- Coffee – contains caffeine, which has been shown to improve mental and physical performance, in addition to boosting metabolism
- Whey protein – appears to increase muscle growth, reduce appetite, increase fullness and boost metabolism more effectively than other protein sources.