These are fluffy American Style pancakes. Serve 2-3 per person depending on appetite. I like them topped with yoghurt and fruit salad or berries or sliced banana.
Blueberry & Lemon Pancakes
- 200 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- 75 g blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium egg
- butter for cooking
- Combine the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl. Add the golden syrup, blueberries and lemon zest.
- Pour the milk into a measuring jug. Break in the egg and mix well with a fork.
- Pour most of the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well with a rubber spatula. Keep adding more milk until you get a smooth, thick batter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and add a knob of butter. Use a pastry brush to disperse the butter all over the base of the pan.
- Spoon in the batter, a tablespoon at a time into small heaps. My pan allowed for 3 at a time. As the pancakes cook bubbles will form on the top, turn them over at this stage and cook until brown on the second side.
- Keep warm on a plate covered with foil and repeat until all the mixture is used up.