This lighter version of fish pie comes courtesy of Dr Hazel Wallace, AKA The Food Medic, with minor tweaks. Thanks Hazel.
Salmon Pie & Cauliflower Mash
- 1 1/2 head cauliflower
- 30 g Light cream cheese
- 4 Spring onions
- 160 g Frozen peas
- 0.5 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Onions diced
- 2 c cloves garlic chopped
- 440 g Salmon fillets chopped into chunks
- 250 ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp dill
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and boil for 10 mins until soft. Drain, add the cream cheese and mash/blend. Stir in the spring onions.
- Boil the peas.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the salmon and peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the milk and cornflour together, add to the pan with the salmon. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes as the sauce thickens. Season with dill and salt & pepper
- Transfer the mix to an ovenproof dish and top with the cauliflower mash.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden and its bubbling at the sides.
- Serve with veg of your choice. I used broccoli and brussel sprouts.