This is a fun lunchbox idea. Makes a lovely change from salads and sandwiches.
Use any veggies you like, chopped small or thinly sliced.
Use any cooked meat, I use left over chicken or gammon.
You could add beans or chickpeas if you want to make it veggie.
Prepare your pot the night before and then add boiling water 10 minutes before you want to eat.
I prefer rice noodles but egg noodles would also work well.
- 1 nest noodles
- 25 g green beans
- 25 g carrot
- 50 g cauliflower
- 50 g sweetcorn
- 1/2 red chilli seeds optional if you like it hot!
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp swiss bouillon or 1/4 stock cube
- 1 tsp grated ginger optional
- 1/2 lime, zest and juice optional
- 50 g cooked gammon
- 200-300 ml boiling water Enought to cover the contents in the pot.
- I use either a kilner jar or a large yoghurt pot to make my pot noodle in.
- Add everything to your jar/pot except the water. Can be done the night before and put in the fridge.
- Add the boiling water 10 minutes before you want to eat so it cooks the noodles and softens the veg. Eat out the jar or empty into a bowl first. Enjoy!