These are packed with protein and are ideal as a breakfast on the go, I often have one in between early morning clients. They are also equally delicious anytime of the day!
Coming to a golf course near you???
- 250 g rolled oats
- 75 g protein powder (I use chocolate flavour!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100 g fat-free natural yoghurt I used Lancashire farm as low sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 45 g honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- peanut butter optional topping
- blueberries optional topping
- 10 g golden linseeds
- Pre-heat oven to 180 c / Gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, ground flaxseeds and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, vanilla extract, bananas, yoghurt, coconut oil, honey and almond milk. (Or blend in nutribullet / blender)
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well.
- Grease a traditional muffin tin with coconut oil or use silicone muffin tins that require no greasing.
- Divide the batter evenly, I find an ice cream scoop measures it out perfectly.
- Stir in the toppings. I sometimes do half with a tsp of peanut butter and half with 6 blueberries each. Sprinkle with a few golden linseeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the tins and let cool completely.
- These keep well in the fridge for several days or you can freeze them if you wrap them individually first and then you can take them out as and when required.