Greek Salad / Greek Panzanella
I make this salad by Ina Garten over and over again. It's just fab-u-lous! To turn this Greek Salad into Greek Panzanella you need a ciabatta loaf, works great if its slightly stale too. Cube the bread, sprinkle sparingly with olive oil and salt and roast in a hot oven until nicely browned. Add the bread to the salad at the end of the recipe and mix well. Leave to stand for 30 minutes for the flavours to blend. Serve at room temperature.
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, halved and de-seeded and sliced into 1/4" thick pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, large diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large diced
- 1 green bell pepper, large diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 pack cherry/plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 pack feta cheese, cut into 1/2" CUBES
- 1 jar kalamata olives, halved
- 1 ciabatta (for PANZANELLA)
For the vinaigrette
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red vine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl
- For the vinaigrette whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar and salt and pepper. Whilst whisking, add the olive oil and make an emulsion.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vehetables.
- Add the feta, olives and bread cubes if making panzanella. Mix lightly.