Veggie all the way with this one.
Cumin & Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
- 1/2 Butternut Squash Steamed or boiled then mashed
- 1 small cauliflower cut into quarters
- 1 large courgette thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 - 2 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chickpeas
- 100 g green beans
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan).
- Boil or steam the butternut squash. (Timesaver - I did a whole one in the pressure cooker and froze half for another time). Mash roughly and leave to cool.
- Mix together the oil, lemon juice and cumin.
- Place the cauliflower quarters on a baking tray and baste with half the oil mix. Roast for 15 mins.
- At the same time place the courgettes on a tray and roast with a spray of olive oil. Also put the chickpeas in the oven with a spray of oil.
- After 15 minutes turn and baste the other edges of the cauliflower. Roast for 15 mins more. Check if the courgettes need turning.
- Boil some water and gently cook the green beans for 5 mins. Keep warm.
- Just before serving mix the yoghurt in the butternut squash mash, I blitzed it with a handheld mixer to get it smooth. Warm through in a saucepan or in the microwave for a minute or two.
- To serve make a circle of squash puree on the plate, nestle the cauliflower and courgette on top. Sprinkle with the crunchy chickpeas. Enjoy!