Veggie all the way with this one.
Cumin & Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
- 1/2 Butternut Squash Steamed or boiled then mashed
- 1 small cauliflower cut into quarters
- 1 large courgette thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 - 2 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chickpeas
- 100 g green beans
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan).
- Boil or steam the butternut squash. (Timesaver - I did a whole one in the pressure cooker and froze half for another time). Mash roughly and leave to cool.
- Mix together the oil, lemon juice and cumin.
- Place the cauliflower quarters on a baking tray and baste with half the oil mix. Roast for 15 mins.
- At the same time place the courgettes on a tray and roast with a spray of olive oil. Also put the chickpeas in the oven with a spray of oil.
- After 15 minutes turn and baste the other edges of the cauliflower. Roast for 15 mins more. Check if the courgettes need turning.
- Boil some water and gently cook the green beans for 5 mins. Keep warm.
- Just before serving mix the yoghurt in the butternut squash mash, I blitzed it with a handheld mixer to get it smooth. Warm through in a saucepan or in the microwave for a minute or two.
- To serve make a circle of squash puree on the plate, nestle the cauliflower and courgette on top. Sprinkle with the crunchy chickpeas. Enjoy!
No idea how many calories this has but it is all veggies!!