What better way is there to use up Christmas leftovers! I used green peppers to clear out my salad drawer but you could add mushrooms or other veg.
Leftovers – Turkey Curry
Serves 4, Preparation 20min, Cooking 30min
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds (optional)
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 2 green peppers diced
- 400 g tinned coconut milk
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 tbsp curry powder, I used mild madras
- 400 g leftover turkey diced
- 4 fresh tomatoes cut into wedges
- 240 g uncooked brown basmati rice
- 4 poppadom
- Dry fry the mustard seeds if using, until they start to pop.
- Add the onions and peppers and dry fry for 5 minutes over a gentle heat.
- Add the curry powder and continue to cook gently for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add in the cooked turkey, coconut milk and tomato wedges
- Heat through for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a portion of basmati rice and a poppodum. NB - brown rice takes 23-25 minutes to cook