This has to be by favourite no fuss feel good loaf. NO kneading required. It’s so simple and tastes delicious, you have to give it a go.
- 500 g spelt flour I used wholemeal
- 10 g fast-acting dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g linseed
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 400-500 ml warm water
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan / Gas 5
- Have ready a greased loaf tin abut 1/2L capacity
- Combine all the loaf ingredients in a large bowl, adding the water last and using just enough liquid to form a dough. Mix well (but don't knead) until it has a dough-like consistency. It will be quite sticky.
- Dust your hands and work surface with a little flour and shape the dough into a rectangle to fit the tin. Place the dough in the tin, cover lightly and set aside for 15 mins.
- Bake the loaf in the oven for about 50 mins. Remove from the oven and turn it out the tin. Place back in the oven for a further 5-10 mins.
- Leave to cool a little and enjoy warm or cold the next day. Freezes well in slices to take out as required.