This super quick summery dish is adapted from Joe Wicks Lean in 15.
Sausage and Lentil Casserole
- 4 Sausages I used Lincolnshire as i'm a lincolnshire lass
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 courgette diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 390g tin green lentils, drained
- 1 tsp bovril chicken, add 150ml water to make stock
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 bunch parsley, leaves only roughlt chopped
- 100 g green beans, sliced
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the sausages and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, courgette, tomatoes and thyme and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften.
- Tip in the drained lentils and stock. Season with the salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- When the lentils are hot and the sausages are cooked through, scatter over the parsley and divide between two bowls.