This super quick summery dish is adapted from Joe Wicks Lean in 15.
Sausage and Lentil Casserole
- 4 Sausages I used Lincolnshire as i'm a lincolnshire lass
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 courgette diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 390g tin green lentils, drained
- 1 tsp bovril chicken, add 150ml water to make stock
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 bunch parsley, leaves only roughlt chopped
- 100 g green beans, sliced
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the sausages and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, courgette, tomatoes and thyme and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften.
- Tip in the drained lentils and stock. Season with the salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- When the lentils are hot and the sausages are cooked through, scatter over the parsley and divide between two bowls.
Joe speeds up the cooking time using 10 chipolatas! Nutrition per serving: 407 Kcal, 26g Carbohydrate (7g sugar), 16g Fat (6g saturated), 34g Protein, 12g Fiber