This is a lovely light side dish. You can experiment with different herbs, thyme and rosemary work very well too.
Also try sauteeing finely chopped onion before adding the butterbeans to add more texture and flavour.
Chilli and mint butterbeans
- 1 can Butterbeans
- 50 ml boiling vegetable stock
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint finely chopped
- Drain and rinse the beans before placing in a small saucepan.
- Add the stock, chilli and mint.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes until warmed through then serve.