Comfort food heaven.
Lovely leeks, carrots, mushrooms and peas softened in chicken stock. Tasty diced chicken thighs and tarragon for bags of flavour, topped with a mix of white potato and sweet potato.
Chicken, leek and mushroom Pie
- 400 g potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 400 g sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 2 leeks washed and finely sliced
- 300 g carrots peeled and diced
- 100 g mushrooms washed and sliced
- 200 g frozen peas
- 400 g chicken thighs skinless and boneless, diced
- 3 tbsp tarragon chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Boil all the potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until tender then mash.
- To make the filling place the stock, leeks, mushrooms and carrots in a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, stirring often until soft.
- Add the peas, tarragon and diced chicken to the filling mix and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the filling to a casserole or pie dish and top with mash.
- Brush the top with all the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve immediately with extra veg of your choice. I used cauliflower, broccoli, kale and chantenay carrots.