Everyone needs a good banana cake/bread recipe.
How else do you save over ripe ones from being thrown in the bin? This recipe is quick and easy to put together and travels well in lunch packups, golf bags or cycle pockets 🙂
- 140 g wholemeal self raising flour
- 100 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300 g ripe bananas approx 3 medium bananas
- 3 medium eggs
- 150 g natural yoghurt I use Onken biopot
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- Heat oven to 160⁰C (140⁰C fan). Line a loaf tin with greaseproof or use a loaf liner.
- Mix the flours, bicarbonate and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana and mix with the eggs, agave syrup and yoghurt.
- Quickly mix the wet ingredients into the dry and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.