Asian Crispy Beef
Another great recipe from Jamie Oliver. This has amazing fresh and zingy flavours and is such a joy to eat. Hope you get past the long list of ingredients and give it a go.
- 1 tbsp unsalted peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5cm piece ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 star anise
- 200 g lean beef mince
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tsp low salt soy sauce
- 2 limes squeezed
- 150 g rice noodles
- 2 spring onions
- 1 fresh chilli
- 200 g mixed salad vag, i.e round lettuce, spinach, carrot, radishes, cress
- 4 sprigs coriander optional
- Lightly toast the peanut in a non stick pan then crush in a pestle & mortar and put aside.
- Prep the salad veg by chopping up the greens and matchsticking or finely slicing any crunchy veg.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger.
- Put the sesame oil and star anise in the frying pan on a medium high heat. Add the mince and, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, followed by half the garlic and ginger and the honey. Stir fry for 5 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, crush the remaining garlic and ginger into a paste in the pestle & mortar, then muddle in the fish and soy sauces and lime juice to make a dressing.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Trim the spring onion and finely slice with the chilli (deseed if you like).
- Plate up the salad veg, then add the drained noodles. Spoon over the dressing, sprinkle over the crispy beef, chilli, spring onion and crushed peanuts. Scatter over the coriander leaves if using.
Nutrition: 440 Kcal, 27.5g Protein, 20.3g Fat (6g Saturated), 37.8g Carbs (10.7g Sugar), 2.8g Fibre